Saturday 20 April 2019

1426. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Guernsey Post New Issue Will Commemorate D-Day.



 ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Guernsey Post will issue a set of 6 stamps and 1 x £3 miniature sheet containing a single stamp inscribed ‘Alderney’ on 29 May 2019 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the D Day Landings in Normandy when Britain and its allies crossed The Channel to launch their assault on Nazi Germany. The Channel Islands which were so close to the Normandy Coast were under German occupation and so the Normandy landings paved the way for the islands’ liberation.
  This interesting issue and attractive set was designed by Mark Tottenham from illustrations by Bryan Byron and lithographed by Southern Colour Print and perforated 14. Rating:- *****.







  ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น In Blog 1353 I mentioned new issues from Trinidad And Tobago Post and I now have better quality illustrations of them. The first set to be mentioned is the set of 5 which commemorates the Tenth anniversary of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum as well as the 20th Ministerial Meeting of The GECF which took place in Trinidad from 10 to 12 November 2018. I assume therefore that the date of issue was 10 November 2018.




A miniature sheet containing 6 different stamps commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Philatelic Society Of Trinidad And Tobago was issued on 27 September 2018. The sheet and stamps from the sheet are depicted below:-




  Finally there is a set of 5 self-adhesive stamps and 3 accompanying miniature sheets and I have illustrations of the stamps and 1 of the miniature sheets below. The issue commemorates the Bicentenary of the Botanic Gardens in Port Of Spain. The date of issue was 8 December 2019.







1 comment:

  1. I'm not 100% sure there are 2 other souvenir sheets for the Botanic Gardens issue, but I can't be sure because once again I am waiting forever for their philatelic bureau to send me anything (some of the things I am trying to get I first asked for back in August).

    ReplyDelete