Wednesday, 29 July 2026

2955. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Isle Of Man - No Respite From Unending Flood Of New Issues.

 

New issues -

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Isle of Man Post Office -

10 August 2026 - Trinacria (second issue) - 6 stamps. Lithographed. Further details awaited. Rating:- 0. Colourful but excessive given how many other stamps the IOM Post Office has already issued this year.




๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ India Post - 

?July 2026 -750th anniversary of the birth of Saint Dnyaneshwar, poet, My stamp personalised stamp - 1 stamp with attached label issued in sheetlets of 12 and sold by India Post at a premium price.




๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ Tanzania - Steven Zirinsky reports surcharges/overprints from Zanzibar and Pemba.

I have in this Blog, over recent years, reported from time to time the appearance of various surcharges from the postal service of modern-day Tanzania. Of course I have no expertise in the modern issues of that country and no local access to them and I only take an interest in them as part of my Commonwealth stamps collection. I was therefore very interested in and even startled when I read the new Newsletter by Steven Zirinsky, the expert on modern surcharges. Fascinatingly he states,  “Modern Tanzania (post-1980s) has: …. Local post office overprints in Zanzibar and Pemba ….”. I searched the site of Mr Zirinsky’s internet shop but could find no examples that I could recognise but  I look forward to discovering more about these items. As I say, these items sound fascinating as well as any other previously unreported general surcharge issues from Tanzania.






No comments:

Post a Comment