Wednesday 11 September 2024

2565. 🇬🇧 Royal Mail’s New Spiders Stamps.

 

New issues.

🇬🇧 Royal Mail -

26 September 2024 - Spiders - 10 stamps (1 se-tenant strip of 5 x 2nd Class Domestic rate and 1 se-tenant strip of 5 x 1st Class Domestic rate), total face value £11. Designed by  Richard Lewington and lithographed by Cartor and perforated 14 x 14.5.  Rating:-   ****.












🇲🇾 Pos Malaysia -

Centenary of Maha Agricultural Show - 2 stamps issued as a se-tenant pair. Lithographed. Rating:- ***.





3 comments:

  1. One of the few occasions when I am pleased that my local Post Office doesn't have much of a philatelic leaning - so, when I try to stock up on 1st class stamps before the impending tariff increase over the coming weeks, I am all but certain to receive definitive stamps rather than the Spider issue.

    I can appreciate the beauty of the illustrations, and I suppose it makes a change from cats or dogs, but I still experience a shiver at the sight of any one of the arachnids featured. (I wonder if it is a good or bad thing that there is nothing to indicate the relative sizes of the ten featured species.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to 2564?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s half written but the spiders stamps were revealed and I wanted to highlight them separately before 2564 was finished. It’s not far away.

      Delete